Poultry Research Centre
The Poultry Research Centre (PRC) is an internationally recognized collaborative R&D and learning hub formed in 1986. The PRC is located on the University of Alberta Farms, South Campus in Edmonton. It is also a unique partnership between the University of Alberta, Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, and the poultry industry. The PRC consists of an interdisciplinary team of scientists who conduct research aimed at benefiting egg and poultry producers, food processors and manufacturers, functional food and nutraceutical industries. The PRC’s state of the art research facilities and equipment are one of the best in North America.
Heritage Chicken Program
In 2013, Adopt a University of Alberta Heritage Chicken Program was started to promote the conservation of unique genetic lines of poultry at the University of Alberta. Through the 'Adopt a Hen' program supporters receive local, organic eggs from our Plymouth Rock, Light Sussex, New Hampshire, White Leghorn and Brown Leghorn flocks.
- Name: Jiandong Ren Supervisor: Dr. Jianping Wu Date: Wednesday, September 26, 2018 Time: 9:30 a.m. Location: 318J Agriculture/Forestry Centre Title: Phosvitin Extraction from Egg Yolk and Its Potential as a Functional Food Ingredient for Improving … Read More »
- People support Peavey Mart’s annual Heritage Chick Sale for a flock of reasons Read More »
- You are invited to attend the Poultry Research Centre Annual General Meeting May 9, 2018 Read More »
- The Poultry Research Centre is hosting the Prairie Poultry Meeting in Edmonton, AB on May 7 & 8, 2018 at the South Campus of the University of Alberta. Read More »
- Poultry Research Centre's Annual General Meeting & Celebration of Learning (students showcase research projects) Read More »